Wednesday, March 2, 2011


                                        

Here's a video I made of my apartment. Some people have been asking what my apartment is like and they can take a look for themselves now. I'm pretty much just chilling in my apartment today since I don't start teaching till Tuesday. I thought I might make effective use of my free time to start planning lessons now and then not worry about them later.

Here's a music video a friend of mine showed me and now it's stuck in my head. Park Jung Min from SS501 has a song called Not Alone. It's a pretty catchy beat. Makes me want to dance.

                                                               

I'm uploading several pix throughout my time here in Korea so far. Brings back so many pleasant memories. Enjoy!


A group pic with the AmAZING K tigers who blew me away with their taekwondo performance. They literally kicked some butt:P 

A picture of the beautiful traditional Korean painting I got as a gift from the professor. There are three basic strokes for the leaves in every painting. Once you paint the three strokes, the painter is free to paint whatever they like.

       
We made paper dolls as a Korean craft in a class. I love the Hanbok dress. I want to get one tailored for me while I'm here in Korea.

 A snapshot of me with my Taekwondo masters who taught us some basic moves and kicks. The K tigers made taekwondo look easy. It's definitely a good workout though to keep in shape. My legs were sore for a week after our taekwondo class.
The view from my dorm room at Jochiwon University. The big building in the picture is where we had all 31 lectures during the 2 1/2 week orientation.

Dreamsauna--the first jimjibang (bathhouse) I visited in Korea. Many Koreans stay at the bathhouse for a cheap price. There are so many different saunas in the bathhouse and it's sooo relaxing.
Korean BBQ (absolutely delicious). The meat is cooking on the grill so it looks nasty, but its so tasty. I learned that you take a piece of lettuce, wrap a bite size piece of meat and some sauce and side dishes of your choice and then enjoy it.

One of the many temples I saw during the temple visit field trip. There was a lot of Chinese writing on the temples. I wish I could read what it said.
The friendly hikers we met while exploring the temples. They were so excited to meet foreigners and asked to take a picture with us. They made my day:) We told them that Americans say "cheese" when taking pictures..haha:P

The drunk Korean folk band we ran into on our way down the mountains from the temple. We were offered makkoli (rice beer) and spicy food that I refused to eat with their used chopsticks. This was a hilarious and unforgettable moment.

Group pic at the train station..Group 6 Team 3-Lions.


 Cute and cheap socks..only 500 won ($0.50). Can't beat that.

 The nice lady who prepared our lunch in her food stand. I had dukbokki (again):)
This girl was giving free hugs..i had to get one from her. She was just too cute dressed up in that bunny outfit.
 
 Painting with Picasso:)
My reward for completing 2 1/2 weeks of orientation consisting of 31 lectures but fun and memorable moments with the other TaLK scholars:)..sigh..good times:)

We made oriental herb aroma pouches during our visit to the Hanok Village in Jeonju. My apartment is a 5 minute walk from the village, so I will be visiting it again soon.

Our lunch during the field trip in Hanok Village.

The bowl I made in Hanok Village. I'm not good at pottery like my sister is..I wish I was talented with clay though.
Last day of orientation at Jeonju University. It was sad leaving everyone, but I was happy when I found out I would be living in Jeonju. My dear friends, feel free to visit me anytime!!:)

My bowl of Jeonju's famous bibimbap. I hesitated at first to eat it with the raw egg and beef mixed in..but it tasted delicious.

I tried to post at least one picture from every main event I've done in Korea so far so the pictures are kinda random. I have my Korea albums posted on fb and their more consistent. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on anything new:) I miss everyone!! Love you all!!!:x













 


3 comments:

  1. Nice video =) "I should've cleaned up before doing this..." haha... I hope you get some stuff on those bare walls of yours soon!
    And as far as the music video goes, man that guy wears eyeliner better than i do! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. that shower scene is so crazy! idk if i'd EVER get used to that! my grandma's place in China has a bathroom like that (but mostly it's a laundry room so we just use the other bathroom with the proper tub and curtain). I showered in there ONCE and it was definitely an interesting experience... plus, i feel like it's bad steaming up the wooden bathroom door all the time like that...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those walls will be decorated..i'm just waiting till i get my first paycheck cuz i'm tight on money due to the expensive bus fares.
    as far as the korean male star wearing makeup, I've actually seen some korean guys walking down the street who have makeup on. Looks too feminine.

    It's actually not that bad taking a shower cuz I can lift up the shower hose. I just can't stand the whole entire bathroom floor being wet. I usually point the shower head towards the wall so the wooden door doesn't get wet.

    ReplyDelete