Wednesday, March 30, 2011

got my camera back:)

For those who didn't know, I realized that I lost my camera this past Saturday morning. I was 100% sure that I had it with me when I came back to my apartment Friday late noon after I was done teaching. I remembered uploading the recent pictures I took on facebook that Friday. Later, I went out for dinner with some friends Friday evening but I knew for sure I did not bring my camera with me. Since I was certain that I had brought my camera back home from school on Friday, I knew it had to be somewhere in my apartment. Spent the weekend frantically searching for my lost camera. Turns out my memory isn't as accurate and led me to thinking that my camera was somewhere in my apartment. This morning I was pretty much at the point of thinking that all hope was lost in finding my camera this morning. I was thinking that I needed to buy a new camera which would probably be expensive. I told the faculty at my school that I lost my camera and mentioned that it might be possible that I left it at school. I checked the room I was in last Friday where I took out my camera to show my co-teacher some pictures. No camera. The vice principal was so worried for me that she even made an announcement to all the teachers to let their students know about my missing camera because a camera is a pretty valuable thing to lose. She said the students at the school would know to give lost things to their teacher.

Later on in the day, I ran into my 6th graders and they kept saying the word camera and where it was. I told them I didn't know because I lost it and that I was sad. It seemed like I had the whole school worrying for me and my camera:/ While getting ready to leave to go home for the day, I said bye to the principal and he mentioned the word camera and then held out his hand in front of me. I was so confused and placed my hand on his hand and then he had a confused look as well. Then he said something in Korean and went to his office and I followed after him. He comes out of his office with my camera and my mouth dropped open with excitement. I was so happy to see my camera with my own eyes and glad that I didn't accidentally drop it on the street or something.


The funny thing is that the principal acted like it was no big deal that he had my camera. He was all chill and just returned the camera to me. He told me he looked through all the photos and saw me in the pictures so he figured the camera belonged to me. However, he had no idea that the entire school was looking for my camera because he was at a meeting this morning. I thanked him a million times and was so glad to have my camera back:)

On top of receiving the good news that my camera was safe and only at my school, I only had to teach 3 out of the 5 classes I normally have on Wednesdays. Today, the elementary school had a fire drill practice that lasted nearly 2 class periods. The kids got to see a real fire and were able to participate in putting the fire out. The staff and children seemed to enjoy it. It was a nice and relaxing day for me:)

 



 

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! That sounds like an awesome day, girl :) I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete